Meetings, Events & News
Mark Your Calendar
Below you will find announcements about upcoming meetings, caving events and caving news. If you have an item that you would like to have posted on this page, please email us with the details.
The next MCKC meeting will be on March 25th, 2023 in Rolla, MO and will coincide with the MSS meeting. The meeting is open to current, dues paying members. RSVP by emailing email@example.com for more details.
Other Cave Activities
Stay tuned for updates!
Follow MVOR on Facebook to stay up to see flyer with list of activities planned for the weekend and get a registration form.
- October 2022 – American Cave Conservation Association Fall 2022 Newsletter
- April 2022 – MCKC purchased the Pot of Gold entrance into the Moore Cave System, this is MCKC’s second entrance into the cave system.
- December 2021 Cleanup at Grandpa’s Hole Cave with MDC, Stream Team, and Scouts by Josh Hartwig
- September 2021 – MCKC enters into a long term lease on Roubidoux Cave
- September/October 2020 Terrain Magazine, Is Caving For You by Thea Voutiritsas
- March 2020 – St. Louisans finally locate a mysterious, hidden lagering cave in Benton Park by Chris Naffziger
- October 2017 Rural Missouri, A Cave to Save by Zach Smith.
- March 2017 issue of Conservation Federation of Missouri‘s magazine – Goodwin Sinkhole article, page 48.
- April 2016 Bats on the Rebound by Kathy Love, The New Territory magazine.
- February 12, 2016 An IV Flow Sensor Inspired By Blind Cave Fish Researchers have developed an IV flow sensor inspired by the neuromasts that give the blind cave fish its ability to detect its surroundings.
- January 24, 2016 Blackfathom River Cave Among the Discoveries that Push Missouri’s Cave Count over 7000
- August 6, 2015 Divers Discover Unseen World in Lewis Cave, Wes Johnson, reporter for Springfield News-Leader.
- June 29, 2015 Eerie Devils Well, Wes Johnson, reporter for Springfield News-Leader
- June 28, 2015 Devils Well Daily American Republic 6.28.2015 comp
- March 20, 2015 Springfield News-Leader. Crystal Caverns Vandals: Here’s a Chance to Do Right by reporter Wes Johnson.
- March 19, 2015 KY3-TV reporter Mike Landis talks with Jonathan Beard, MCKC Vice President about the vandalism at Crystal Caverns. Crime in a Cave.
- March 11, 2015 Barry County Sheriff’s Office Investigates Vandalism at Crystal Caverns. October 30, 2014 Going deep: Divers discover unseen world at Bennett Spring
- December 16, 2013 Battle For Bats: Surviving White Nose Syndrome – The latest WNS film produced by Ravenswood Media for the U. S. Forest Service.
- December 11, 2013 Fall 2013 Vol. 6 Issue 2 Vol. Beneath the Forest, a caves and karst newsletter published by the Forest Service of the U. S. Dept. of Agriculture.
- October 17, 2013 In the Fall 2013 issue of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources quarterly magazine, Missouri Resources, read Playground with a Past by Larry Archer. He covers some of Goodwin Pit Sinkhole & Cave historical background and reports on MCKC’s restoration work that began in 2012.
- April 26, 2013 Over two weekends, March 30th and April 13th, cavers from Missouri’s Meramec Valley, Middle Mississippi Valley and Southeast Missouri Grottos came together to remove over 1,000 tires from a number if sinkholes in Perry County >>Read More
- February 27, 2013 Dianne Steingrubey, reporter with the Lake Today wrote an article about the Goodwin Pit cleanup last February and followed with another story about the current status of the project.
- December 7, 2012 MCKC’s Goodwin Pit Cave property, Lake Expo story by Nathan Bechtold.
If you have questions about our organization, would like a permit to visit an MCKC managed cave or need help managing a cave on your property,