Missouri Caves – Management, Education and Conservation
Helping Protect Missouri’s Karst Resources
- Conservation of caves and karst areas in Missouri through lease purchase, ownership and management, or other contractual arrangement.
- Assisting cave owners in preserving and protecting their cave and karst resources.
- Educating Missourians and engaging fellow cavers across the U.S. with regard to cave and karst conservation and management.
- Promoting the scientific study of cave and karst environments.
- Ensuring that the caving community continues to have access to caves for exploration, surveying, mapping and other activities.
MCKC – 2011 NSS Group Conservation Award Recipient
The Conservation and Management Section of the National Speleological Society presents the Group Conservation Award annually. The award is given to a group affiliated with the NSS that has made a significant contribution toward conservation or management of cave or karst resources with the intent to recognize the best and most effective conservation group in the NSS.
The Missouri Caves and Karst Conservancy is affiliated with the National Speleological Society (NSS), Missouri Speleological Survey (MSS), the American Cave Conservation Association (ACCA), the Ozark Regional Land Trust. and the Missouri Caves Association (MCA)